Outlook Express is a free email client which uses DBX file format to store its database. Outlook Express creates a separate DBX file for each folder. For example, Inbox.dbx for Inbox and Outbox.dbx for Outbox folder. Conversely, MS Outlook stores all its data in PST Format and also support MSG file format for an individual message.
How to convert Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook 2007 Manually?
You can import emails of Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook 2007 by following below mentioned steps:
• Open MS Outlook, Click on File and then Click on Import and Export
• Click on Import Internet Mail Account Settings and then click on Next.
• Click on Microsoft Outlook Express and then click on Next.
• Make sure that the name and the email address is correct
• Click on Next.
• Make sure that incoming server and outgoing servers is correct and then click on Next.
• Make sure your User name is correct, Type your password and then click on NEXT
Note: For MS network (MSN) version 2.5 POP mail, Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) must be selected.
• Select the method that you use for your internet connection and then click on Next.
• Click on Finish.
Note: This method will work only when both Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook are on same computer.
Limitation: You can only import emails from Outlook Express to MS Outlook and cannot import contacts and address book by using above explained method.
An Alternate Solution
DBX Converter is one of the best utility that convert Outlook Express DBX files into Outlook PST. The tool is equipped with advanced features for appropriate conversion of all items of Outlook Express to MS Outlook. The DBX Converter can convert multiple Outlook Express DBX files to PST, EML or MSG File format while keeping the folder structure intact. The software provides you options such as Auto Detect DBX Folder Storage Location of Outlook Express, Split PST file by size, etc and does not require Outlook installation to convert DBX to PST. After conversion, you can easily import and access all items of Outlook Express into MS Outlook. You can download the free version and after verifying the software can purchase the full version of DBX Converter from its official website.