Amazon Fire Stick can transform any TV into a smart TV. By plugging this small device in the HDMI port, you can browse the internet, stream movies and TV shows on Netflix and Prime Videos, and listen to music on YouTube. Kodi on Amazon Fire Stick allows the user to extend the functionalities and features of their TV. It comes with access to several third-party add-ons that the user has to browse and install manually.
Similarly, when it is time to update Kodi, the users have to update the add-ons and the software versions manually. There are no Kodi updates in the Fire Stick app store.
How to facilitate updating Kodi on Fire Stick?
To begin the updating process, you need to allow applications from “unknown sources.” Installing Kodi should have enabled this in the first place, but check the Fire Stick “Settings” to ensure that this setting is on.
Once you have done that, complete the following steps –
- Use the Amazon Fire Stick remote and select “Settings.” You will find this option on top of the screen.
- Once there, scroll to the right. Choose the “Device” option.
- Select “Developer Options” from the “Device” menu.
- Select “Apps from Unknown Sources” to turn it on. Check if it is already active, if not, activate it.
How to install the Downloader App on Fire Stick?
Next, you need to obtain the Downloader App. Go to the Amazon AppStore and install the Downloader App. Here’s what you need to do –
- Go to the “Search” option and type “Downloader.” The autocomplete should suggest the app on the results list.
- Select the app. The app image should be in the Apps and Games section.
- Select the “Get” option.
- Wait till the complete download and installation.
How to update Kodi for Fire Stick?
To update Kodi on Firestick, you should follow these instructions carefully –
- Launch the Downloader.
- Go to the address entry field and type http://Kodi.tv/download.
- Next, select “Go.”
- The download section should be visible. Scroll down to select Android.
- Select the 32-bit release of the latest Kodi update.
- Install the application once the download is complete.
- Select “Open” after installation.
- Once the installation is successful, the latest version should launch instantly on your Amazon Fire Stick.
Updating the Kodi app on Fire Stick is quite easy. You can sync the content library and download options on your phone with that of your TV. However, if you are also thinking about using other applications like Torrent to download freeware or digital media files, we suggest you should complete the entire download, installation and update process when your VPN service is active. Search for the best free VPN for Android phones to enjoy uninterrupted service. It will enable you to browse free media confidently. Additionally, you will also have access to geo-restricted content on YouTube, Prime Videos, and Netflix.