There are so many design patterns used in the UX based design practice. The user interface design patterns are used for choosing the right input type, navigation components, and form validation method. Persuasive design patterns are the ones to deal with the perception, human cognition, and memory. So, if you want to be a pro in the UX category of jobs then you better get hold of the amazing interface design patterns first and get the job going on the road.
Whenever a product is designed new, everyone would want you to know that the item is easy to use. But, the main question of how much the product is actually easier for you to use. How much of it has been achieved though? That will help you in understanding the note pretty well in this regard. If you want to be a part of UX designer jobs NYC, you have to get these smaller points noted for sure. These sources might lead the right path for you while moving forward.
Affordance along with the familiarity:
The major components of easy usability have to be affordance and familiarity with it. With the help of proper affordances, the UI object will imply intuitively the use and functionality well. This is that time when the button starts to look like any other button and there will be a link made in blue color, underlined and similar to any other link that you have been familiarized with. However, the major factor over here has to be the major aspect of familiarity. A familiar button is likely to work just like any other button you might have used before. This form of repeated experience of just using familiar patterns will help in reducing the cognitive strain.
The current new and radical ones in the market:
Most of the major points that you often get to see is that the brand new items comprise of unseen new patterns, which are likely aiming to solve some of the common goals. Some of those options over here are dropdowns, navigation or even form input. There are sometimes when you have to answer the question on certain dropdown expander, which will be repositioning itself on expanded state and that may not be a clever design. This is not quite like beliefs or matter opinions. There are some reasons to it which you will come to learn more now.
- Always remember that the non-standard design pattern helps in increasing the strain in your cognitive behavior for sure. People always have to explore, learn and then get the chance to practice some of the new abilities. They will also need to recall some of these options anytime they will use the product once again.
- On the other hand, it has been well stated that the nonstandard design pattern can sometimes increase the learning curve to another level. There is no such need on how you can actually document the ways in which a standard button works. But as can be seen previously, some of the unseen patterns are in need of documentation and explanation.
- Moreover, you better be sure of the fact that non-standard design based patterns and often used with some increasing development costs lately. Implementing some of the non-standard patterns right from the scratch happens to take some time than just referencing to the current UI patterns.
- These non-standard based design patterns help in increasing the costs of product maintenance too. Fixing some of the defects in the non-standard design pattern is always more expensive as there might not have been any common ground around possible edge use cases for sure.
Heading towards the difference between standard versus non-standard:
It is hard to come across no formal norm or definition, which can be defined as standard. As everything in design depends on actual users, so things are gladly to work out well in that manner. The primary starting point is just to understand the platform first and use the same. The primary starting point is just to understand the said platform. There are high chances that most of the Windows users might be quite familiar with the basic forms of UI molecules and atoms. Some of those options are buttons, checkboxes, tabs, radio buttons and modals.
When you are trying to extend horizons to the web-based UI patterns, things might get a lot trickier than before. There will be no such common ground on what the current web standard might have been. Just, for example, the cards will be mobile design paradigm, but they are already likely to make it into the desktop apps and web mainstream to address the needs well.
Heading towards the best practices:
What is likely to be suggested as best practice is to head start with the simple possible pattern in this platform. When the main aim of interaction cannot be achieved using this pattern, then you should try looking for the existing patterns outside. Here, the outside platform primarily comprises of mobile or native apps.
- You can check out of the existing design systems right from Universal Windows Platform Apps, Google Material Design, OS X Human Interface Guidelines and more.
- Right at the same time, you are asked to check out the inside of the existing frameworks like that of the Bootstrap. The next best resource level has to be the public company design services, where Salesforce Lighting seems to be a clever example to follow.
- If you fail to find the new patterns in any of the resources, then you might have to make plans for preparing to explain and rationalize on the benefits of developing one custom based pattern to outweigh cons.
The innovative notion to cover:
There happens to be nothing radical or innovative on the component if that needs any explanation to be used in a proper manner. Never ever try to leave the design patterns at the end to any of the styling phase. It is one of the major design aspects to be iterated and defined around.