Steel and Pipes for Africa – Cape Town has been catering to the structural steel and pipe needs of South Africa since 2001. Striving to serve as the largest and one of the most preferred suppliers to the steel and related industries in Cape Town; the company offers a one-stop experience for all steel and pipe needs. SPFA boasts of flexibility in its supply and product range, the company supplies to contractors, DIY enthusiasts, engineering and manufacturing workers and semi-government entities too.
Structural Steel Products:
The wide product range offered by SPFA features steel components, structural tubing, hardware and fencing too. The steel and structural steel products manufactured by the company include:
1. Angles – Steel angles are generally used as braces that help in reinforcing structures from the exterior. These increase the overall stress tolerance of the structure.
2. Lip Channels – Predominantly, lip channels are utilised as a structural component during the construction of buildings and other structures.
3. Flat Bars – SPFA stocks and supplies a wide range of steel bars in varying thicknesses. Bars are available in widths of up to 200mm with a thickness of 5mm or more.
4. Round and Square Bars – Solid square and round bars of steel are used in various applications like industrial, fabrication, security, ironmongery and construction.
5. Structural Channels – SPFA provides C-beams or structural channels for civil engineering and construction applications.
6. Steel Plates and Sheets – Steel sheets and plates have a myriad of uses in various industries. Some of the most common ones include engineering, construction and production.
7. Re-enforcing Bar – SPFA offers re-enforced bars or ribbed steel rods for the reinforcement of concrete structures. These are used to form the skeleton around which the concrete is set.
8. Expanded Metal and Mesh – Expanded steel, general use steel mesh and walkway grating are all supplied by SPFA. Resembling a steel grid, these three products are related and often overlap in function.
9. IPE Sections – One of the most commonly used beams in construction is the I-beam or the universal beam. These beams have an H or I-shaped cross-section. The strong vertical support with strong flanges on both sides makes the beam sturdy on a horizontal plane.
10. Steel Floor Plate – SPFA offers hot-rolled steel floor plates under the trade name of VASTRAP. These plates are patterned to offer a slip-resistant surface.
All components are manufactured by SPFA in an S35JR grade and a commercial grade as well. To learn more about their products, please visit https://spfa.co.za/.
About the Company:
Steel and Pipes for Africa – Cape Town is a renowned steel and pipes supplier in Cape Town. It is a branch of the Steel and Pipes for Africa Group that was established in 1993 and has a network of 18 branches spread across the nation.
30 Hewett Avenue, Epping Industria
Cape Town, 7475, South Africa
Tel: 021 530 2500